As you may already know Universal Analytics 360 (current Google Analytics) is coming to an end on July 1, 2023. Companies need to make the migration to Google Analytics 4 (GA4) to keep gathering data for your sites from Google.
Creating Your GA4 Property
- Sign into your Google Analytics account
- Once you are signed in, go to the bottom left corner and select the cog wheel icon named Admin
- There you will be brought to a new page that has three different sections called Account, Property, and View
- Under the Property section, you will see at the top, a section called GA4 Setup Assistant, select that section
- A new section will appear, and you will see a title labeled “I want to create a new Google Analytics 4 property” select the blue button below it
- A pop-up menu will appear explaining what the new GA4 property will hold, select the blue button at the bottom to create the GA4 property
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you see a yellow note at the bottom, select it if you can. This means you are using Google Tag Manager. Also, it means you will have to add a new tag onto your website for the GA4 property.
If you don’t see a note, it simply means your GA4 property will continue using current tag - gtag.js version.
- It may take a few seconds for the property to load. You will see a yellow mark at the top saying loading
- Once the new GA4 property has been loaded, select the blue button at the top that says “See your GA4 property”
- This will bring you to a section called Setup Assistant, here is a list of new items to check for your new property
Clients are welcome to reach out to us with questions or concerns. If you don't see any data in GA4 after 48-72 hours, feel free to message us.