A Culture of Virtualization
At Envision, Virtualization is not just another service on a line card, it is core to the very culture of our company.
We were the very first VMware partner in Rhode Island and one of the first in all of New England. Expertise in virtualization is so important to our company that every employee holds a VMware certification - from our Senior Engineering team to the receptionist that answers the phone, we are all VMware certified professionals. Additionally, we were behind one of the most successful VMworld recap events offered anywhere with our popular VMworld by Proxy series.
With this level of experience and dedication to virtualization, there is no company better suited to help you with your desktop virtualization (VDI) project, your server virtualization initiatives, or even an assessment of your existing virtual infrastructure.
We believe that your virtual environment should be more than the sum of its parts.
Envison takes a holistic approach to examining the health of your virtualized environment. Our assessment looks at:
- Best Practices Assessment - We will use a variety of tools to examine how your environment does or does not conform to best practices.
- Hardware Assessment - We will compare your hardware environment to other similar deployments to identify where changes in the design could result in higher consolidation ratios, better performance and ultimately a lower total cost of ownership.
- Storage / Resource Assessment - Most storage assessments are a view of the capacity, scalability and performance of the storage behind a virtualized environment. What most administrators don’t realize is that often their storage and server resources are overcommitted at the VM level. Wouldn’t it be great to reduce your storage consumption and memory commitments by 10%, 20% or more instead of buying more disk and ram? Our assessments can give you visibility into your over commitments and make that possible.
- Management Systems - A “healthy” virtualized environment doesn’t just run well - it’s also easy to manage and measure. We will show you how to manage the investment over time so that you can always get the most value out of your investment.
- Practical Answers - A virtualization assessment results in an easy to read report that will show you what you can do to maximize the value of your environment. Our recommendations are concise and will provide the cost justifications that you need to be able to explain the value of our recommendations to your business’s management team. Identify your environment’s strengths, weaknesses, performance enhancement opportunities and scalability with the report we will deliver.
- Ongoing Assessment - A virtualization assessment is not a “Health Check”… it is Health Management. Envision can integrate advanced monitoring capabilities into your environment that, over time, will provide us with the ability to measure trends in your environment. When coupled with regular assessments, you can realize added value by being able to identify limiters (such as your storage consumption rate and VM growth rate) well in advance. In these economic times, it is increasingly important to be able to budget for your environment's changing needs. Envision can greatly simplify that process.
Some Of Our Virtualization Work
- Warwick Public Schools
- Warwick Public Schools wanted to deploy a solution that would allow students to access CAD software, and other resources, from home. Envision's expertise in High-Performance VDI made us a perfect partner for this important initiative.
- Twin River Casino
- Envision’s partnership with Twin River Casino is a perfect example of our company’s thought leadership and commitment to working with our clients to adapt to their ever-changing technology needs.
- Village Green Virtual Public Charter School
- As RI’s first fully virtualized school, Village Green turned to Envision to help them build a technology-rich environment for students.
- Redwood Library & Athenæum
- The Redwood Library & Athenæum is a library, a museum, and a National Historic Landmark. When they needed help with network infrastructure, they turned to Envision.