As Power BI Business Intelligence Analyst, you will join a team of solution delivery experts focused on digital transformation. You will be responsible for designing and delivering solutions, enhancements, and projects on the Microsoft Power BI platform, carrying out assessments/analysis, proposing designs and implementing solutions for various market requirements.
As a member of our team you will help us to grow our BI practice into one of the premier teams in helping our customer base realize the benefits of digital transformation. You will work in a client-facing role to design and develop data models, and subsequently dashboards and reports, to support our client needs.
- Work with business users to define and prototype solutions on Power BI and related O365/M365 framework
- Perform detailed analysis of source systems and source system data and model that data in Power BI
- Design, develop, and test import data from source systems and test PBI reports/dashboards to meet customer requirements
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents
- Create and maintain technical design documentation
- Perform quality checks from business requirements to the user acceptance testing
- Extracting, transforming and loading data from multiple sources into PBI applications
The role requires complete comprehension of enterprise data models and utilization of both relational and dimensional data sources. The ideal candidate will have experience in Power BI with a solid understanding of BI designs/wireframes and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of with direct hands-on experience working on UI/UX, architecture, design, and development using PowerBI and related O365 products
- The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of peripheral Microsoft technologies including the Common Data Framework, Azure SQL as a Service, and the entire Power Platform stack (PowerAutomate/Flow, Power Apps, Power BI).
- Technology expertise in full spectrum of O365 products, PBI data modelling aspects, Microsoft workspace management, report distribution capabilities, dynamic RLS, DAX features and functions
- Experience in sourcing data from disparate systems in to PBI solutions
- Ability to translate detailed business and technical requirements into high-performing, reliable conceptual roadmaps and solutions that meet business needs, experiences within and across the BI delivery chain (from strategy to business requirements to solution delivery)
- Experience with database design concepts, middleware concepts, user interface development, and information security engineering & access controls
- A good understanding of UX/UI concepts and design patterns for best customer experience.
Other desired requirements:
- Skills to work with internal IT resources, external MSP providers and business leads to propose and execute strategic enhancements, redesign screens/workflows to increase efficiencies, and streamline other technical processes
- Good understanding of the BI tool landscape such as Qlik, Sisense, Tableau, and others
- Experiences in applying agile work practices
- Experience collaborating with teams both cross-functionally and cross-geography
- A mindset for thinking outside the box in order to challenge current state thinking and drive appropriate change; excellent problem solving and analytical capabilities with ability to understand commercial business information, logically structure them into information elements that build practical solutions, identify root causes of issues, conduct troubleshooting, and perform impact analysis
- Full understanding of the processes of data quality, data cleansing and data transformation
- Ability to write complicated yet efficient SQL queries
- Creativity when it comes to contextualizing abstract processes
- Hands-on approach and problem-solving behavior
- Enthusiastic about learning large and complex systems, and new tools
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Results-driven with the ability to take initiatives, handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities and meet deadlines, able to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills, logical process thinking and end-to-end system concepts
- Thinks clearly and calmly under pressure, investigates problems to establish real/hidden causes
- Places emphasis on client satisfaction and customer experience