Envision's Small and Medium Business (SMB) engineering and consulting practice is focused on planning, designing, implementing, and managing technology solutions for our clients. As an IT Consultant, this position will offer you both client management and systems engineering challenges with a focus on storage and virtualization.
Required Technical and Work Experience
- Envision's customers expect personable and customer service-centric support. You MUST be able to communicate effectively, write well (including drafting effective emails) and be able to manage customer expectations.
- Hands-on experience gathering customer requirements, white-boarding technical solutions, reviewing a project Statement of Work (SOW)
- Hands-on experience planning, designing, and implementing server virtualization and storage solutions built around VMware
- Basic understanding of business operations as it relates to budgeting and implementation of technology. At Envision you must be able to truly understand the connection between the customer's business needs, and the technology they deploy
- Hands-on experience working with the networking infrastructure required to build a robust solution for a customer is a must
- Hands-on experience with common business line applications (Examples: Microsoft products, Quickbooks, ACT, Goldmine, Salesforce.com, Office365, Google apps...)
Desired Technical and Work Experience
- Experience with Compellent, Equallogic, Tintri, EMC or other iSCSI, Fiber Channel or NFS storage technology
- Experience designing and implementing server solutions using DELL products or equivelant competitors
- Experience designing and implementing network solutions using DELL switching or equivelant competitors
- Consulting experience. The ideal candidate will have some experience with a technology vendor or systems integrator selling, designing, and implementing the above solutions
- The ideal candidate will have familiarity with Dell products (Endpoints, Thin-clients, Sonicwall, Servers, Switching, Software etc.)
- Ideal candidates will have a comfortable understanding of how cloud technologies / DaaS / IaaS / PaaS are deployed in SMB environments
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an engineer for Envision Technology Advisors’ SMB consulting practice
- Deploy and support a mix of the above technologies for our clients
- Work with sales / sales engineering team to develop opportunities with new and existing clients
- Participate in technical sessions with clients to discover requirements and develop solutions
- Present solutions to clients
- Serve as an engineering resource on implementation projects
- Mentor and develop engineering support team member roles
- Maintain technical certifications as required
- Hands-on experience required
- VCP, Dell product certifications, A+, NCDA, CCIE and/or NCIE certifications desired
- Practical experience and skillsets are valued over formal college education
- Envision Technology Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Envision is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.